Colour in the Home (an introduction to interior design)
This practical, one-day course is ideal for those needing more confidence to gain an understanding of the basics of colour theory. Packed with inspirational ideas the day provides a stimulating and enjoyable introduction to interior design.
The day takes an overview of the key considerations when planning a colour scheme from architectural style to creating the illusion of space, influence on emotions and how the effects of light and surface texture can determine how we see colour.
The day will conclude with you creating your own colour board.
The course includes:
• Understanding interior design principles
• History of Colour
• Inspiration and where to find it
• Colour schemes and combining colours
• Power of colour – its effect on mood and perception
• Accessorising with colour
• Creating your own colour board
It is the combination of all these aspects that makes colour one of the most exciting, and sometimes the most challenging of interior design subjects.